To Install JRE on Windows
- Determine if Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit:
- Go to the Start Menu > Control Panel > System. The System Type properties will indicate 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Download current Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Go to the Java SE download site - click HERE.
- Select the current Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
- Install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Double-click on the downloaded JRE file to install. Follow the prompts given by the Java SE Installation Wizard.
- Add the JRE bin directory to the Windows PATH environment variable:
- Go to the Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables.
- Click New... and add:
- Variable name: JRE_HOME
- Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60 (location and name of JRE on your computer).
To Install jBilling on Windows
- Download the most recent version of jBilling on SourceForge.
- Please note: Ensure that you download the binary package, and not the source. The source has the suffix '-src'.
- Example: Download jbilling-community-4.1.1.zip, NOT jbilling-community-4.1.1-src.zip.
- Unzip the downloaded jBilling file:
- To unzip, right click on the zipped file. A shortcut menu will appear.
- Select the menu option: Extract All. A new unzipped folder with the same title (jbilling-community-4.1.1) will appear in your Downloads folder.
- Copy and paste the unzipped jBilling folder from your Downloads folder into your C:\Applications folder.
- Please Note: If you do not have an Applications folder in your C: drive, you will need to create one.
To Run jBilling
- In Windows Explorer / File Explorer, navigate to the jBilling directory: C:\Applications\jbilling-community-4.1.1\bin.
- Double click on the startup.bat file. Tomcat will open in a separate window.
- Wait for Tomcat to finish starting up.
- When it is complete, the text: INFO: Server startup in (a number) ms will appear in the Tomcat window.
- Minimize the Tomcat window.
- In your browser, login to jBilling and create your own company.
- To create your own company, click HERE.
- To login after creating your company, click HERE.
- Follow the steps provided in the Getting Started Guide to begin using jBilling.